Post by greenhert on Mar 3, 2016 0:32:57 GMT
The 29 constituencies I mentioned earlier and their exact boundaries:
1. Monmouthshire. All of the Monmouthshire authority plus the Newport wards of Caerleon and Langstone and a small polling district in the Liswerry ward for electoral equality purposes.. Electorate: 78,500 approx.
2. Newport. The borough of Newport minus the aforementioned wards of Caerleon and Langstone and a small polling district in Liswerry (in Monmouthshire) and also minus the ward of Bettws, and most of Rogerstone (now in Pontypool). Electorate: 78,500 approx.
3. Pontypool: All of the borough of Torfaen plus the ward of Bettws and most polling districts of Rogerstone. Electorate: 78,500 approx.
4. Merthyr Tydfil & Rhymney: As the current Merthyr Tydfil & Rhymney constituency, but also plus the Caerphilly wards of Cefn Forest, Bargoed, Aberbargoed, Gilfach, St Cattwg, and Pengam, and the Rhonda Cynon Taff ward of Abercynon. Electorate: 76,396.
5. Blaenau Gwent and Blackwood. The entire district of Blaenau Gwent plus the Caerphilly wards of Blackwood, Pontllanfraith, Crumlin, Argoed, and Pennaen. Electorate: 71,702.
6. Caerphilly. The rest of the Caerphilly district including Caerphilly town itself. Electorate: 73,485.
7. Cardiff North West: The city of Cardiff wards of Rhwbina, Gabalfa, Heath, Llandaff North, Llandaff, Ely, Fairwater, Pentyrch, Whitchurch & Tongwynlais, Creigiau/St Fagans, and Radyr. Electorate: 78, 296.
8. Cardiff North East: The city of Cardiff wards of Lisavne, Llanishen, Pontprennau/Old St Mellons, Trowbridge, Cyncoed, Pentwyn, Llanrumney, Rumney and Penylan. Electorate: 74,801.
9. Cardiff South: The city of Cardiff wards of Adamsdown, Caerau, Cathays, Riverside, Splott, Plasnewydd, Canton, Butetown, and Grangetown. Electorate: 74,781.
10. Barry: All of the Vale of Glamorgan wards except for Llantwit Major, St. Bride's Major, Llandow/Ewenny, and Cowbridge. Electorate: 74,399.
11. Bridgend and Llantwit Vale: All of the Bridgend constituency as it stands plus the Vale of Glamorgan wards of Llantwit Major, St Bride's Major, Llandow/Ewenny, and Cowbridge. Electorate: 75,049.
12. Aberavon and Ogmore: The remainder of the Bridgend area (which Ogmore covers), plus the Neath Port Talbot wards of Baglan, Sandfields East, Sandfields West, Aberavon, Brym and Cwmavon, Port Talbot, Margam, and Tai-bach. Electorate: 77,186.
13. Neath. All the wards in Neath that are not in the Ogmore and Port Talbot constituency, plus the Rhondda Cynon Taff wards of Pen-y-waun, Rhigos, and Hirwaun with the northern polling districts of Treherbert ward. Electorate: 77,050 approx.
14. Pontypridd. All of existing constituency of Pontypridd plus also the Rhondda Cynon Taff wards of Brynna, Llanharry, Cymmer, Llanharan, Glyncoch, Gilfach Goch, and Clifynydd. Electorate: 75,692.
15. Rhondda and Aberdare. All wards of the Rhondda Cynon Taff area that are neither in Pontypridd nor attached to Neath (also the southern polling districts of Treherbert); these notably include the towns of Tonypandy and Aberdare. Electorate: 78,500 approx.
16. Abertawe. The Swansea wards of Uplands, Castle, Townhill, St Thomas, Landore, Bonymaen, Llansamlet, Mynyddbach, Morriston, Penderry, and Cwmbwrla. Centred on the city of Swansea itself. Electorate: 77,647.
17. Gower. All other wards of the Swansea area (centred on the Gower Peninsula) except for Mawr, Clydach, Pontardulais, and Llangyfelach which are moved to a redrawn Llanelli. Electorate: 73,926.
18. Llanelli. All of the existing constituency of Llanelli (entirely within Carmarthenshire, of course) plus the Gower wards of Mawr, Clydach, Pontardulais, and Llangyfelach. Electorate: 72,451.
19. Caerfyrddin. All of the constituency of Carmarthen East & Dinefwr plus the additional Carmarthenshire wards of Carmarthen Town North/South/West, Cynwyl Elfed, Trelech, Llanboidy, and St Clears. Electorate: 71,419.
20. Pembroke and Laugharne. All of Pembrokeshire except for the wards moved to Ceredigion and Fishguard Coast (see below), and also the Carmarthenshire wards of Laugharne Township, Llansteffan and Whitland. Electorate: 71,774.
21. Ceredigion and Fishguard Coast: The entire county of Ceredigion plus the Pembrokeshire wards of Fishguard North East, Fishguard North West, Newport, St Dogmaels, Dinas Cross, Goodwick, Scleddau, St David's, Llanrhian, Solva, Letterston, Maenclochog, Crymych, Cilgerran, and Clydau. Electorate: 71,090.
22. Ynys Mon, Bangor a Llanwrst . Rather awkward seat, this one. It contains the entirety of Ynys Mon (known as the Isle of Anglesey in English) plus the Gwynedd wards of Menai, Hirael, Arllechwedd, Dewi, Glyder, Hendre, Marchog, Deiniol, and Garth (the city of Bangor), plus the Conwy wards of Bryn, Pandy, Pant-yr-Afon, Capelulo, Trefriw, Gower, Crwst, and Uwch Conwy. Electorate: 71,730.
23. Caernarfon a Meirionydd. All of Gwynedd that is not included in Ynys Mon ac Bangor, including the entirety of Meirionydd (Merionethshire) and the rest of Caernarfon (Caernarfonshire) Electorate: 71,092.
24. Conwy. All of the remaining wards in Conwy, including Conwy itself and the coastal towns of Llandudno and Colwyn. Electorate: 75,419.
25. Denbigh. Entirely coterminous with the Denbighshire authority area. Electorate: 74,069.
26. Brecon, Radnor and Montgomery. All of the county of Powys except for the wards of Welshpool Castle/Llanerchyddol/Gungrog, Llanfair Caereneion, Llanfihangel, Trewern, Meifod, Forden, Guilsfield, Banwy, Berriew, Llantsanffraid, Llandrion, Llandysilio, Llanrhaedr (both wards),Llanfyllin, and Rhiwcynon. Electorate: 76,891.
27. Welshpool and Wrexham. The aforementioned wards in Montgomeryshire of Welshpool Castle/Llanerchyddol/Gungrog, Llanfair Caereneion, Llanfihangel, Trewern, Meifod, Forden, Guilsfield, Banwy, Berriew, Llantsanffraid, Llandrion, Llandysilio, Llanrhaedr (both wards),Llanfyllin, and Rhiwcynon plus the Wrexham wards of Penycae and Ruabon South (Ruabon South), Marford and Hoseley, Gresford East and West, Holt, Borras Park, Acton, Little Acton, Rhosnesni, Garden Village, Stansty, Grosvenor,Maesydre, Wynnstay ,Cartrefle, Queensway, Whitegate,Smithfield,Brynyffynnon,Offa, Erddig, Hermitage, Overton, Bronington, Marchwiel, Plas Madoc, Cefn, Llangollen Rural, Chirk South, Chirk North, and Dyffryn Ceiriog/Ceiriog Valley. Electorate: 76,368.
28. East Flintshire. All Flintshire wards currently in the constituency of Alyn and Deeside minus the wards of Hope, Llanfynydd, Treuddyn, and Caergwrle. It gains the Flintshire wards of Greenfield, Hollywell Central/East/West, Bagilt West/East, Flint Coleshill/Castle/Trelawny/Oakenholt, Northop Hall and Northop. Electorate: 76,769.
29. West Flintshire and Rhosllanerchagog Valley. All the Flintshire wards not included in East Flintshire plus the Wrexham wards of Llay, Rossett, Gwersullt West/North/East and South, Minera, Brymbo, Bryn Cefn, Gwenfro, Ponciau, Penycae, Penycae and Ruabon South (Groes), Rubon, Pant, Johnstown, Coedpoeth, Esclusham and New Broughton. Electorate: 77,598.
The constituencies which effectively 'disappear' in this shake up (by being substantially split between two or three new constituencies, as opposed to simply expanding or being absorbed) are Arfon, Clwyd South, Clwyd West, Cardiff Central, Carmarthen West & South Pembrokeshire, Islwyn, Montgomeryshire, Newport East, and Swansea West.