2018 Review - Wales Mar 19, 2016 8:52:13 GMT
Post by YL on Mar 19, 2016 8:52:13 GMT
YL is because when they tried to move it into Gwynedd last time the reaction could be summarised in one word "NEVER!" as this letter from Machynlleth Town Council proves during the last review gov.wales/docs/bcw/publications/database/0479MachynllethTownCouncil.pdf
What did they mean by "the idea of grouping Glantwymyn, Machynlleth and Llanbrynmair together was recognised as a possible solution with Montgomeryshire being included as part of the new constituency name"? (My map above does group those three wards together.) Is their main objection actually to the Montgomeryshire component not being recognised in the name?
Anyway, if Machynlleth is out, then:
- move everything I put in YMaB from Bethel and Penisarwaun southwards (but not Y Felinheli) into Eryri;
- move Llanfairfechan and Penmaenmawr (four wards) from Conwy Coast to YMaB;
- compensate Conwy Coast with the two easternmost wards which I had put into Denbigh;
- add three eastern inland Conwy wards to Denbigh (Llansannan, Llangernyw, Uwchaled);
- swap Caerhun and Eglwysbach between Conwy Coast and Eryri to make the numbers work.
Conwy Coast 71,776
which, together with West Flintshire, East Flintshire and Wrexham as before, squeezes 7 seats out of the "preserved counties" of Gywnedd and Clwyd.
Adding Machynlleth (and the other two wards mentioned) to Montgomery, Radnor & Builth brings it up to 75,635.