Post by greenhert on Mar 29, 2016 23:29:41 GMT
My proposals for Essex (the largest and most psephologically awkward area of the East of England).
1. Harlow & Epping. As the current Harlow constituency plus Broadley Common, Epping Upland & Lower Nazeing, Epping Lindsey & Thornwood Common, and Epping Hemnall. Electorate: 77,929.
2. Loughton. All Epping Forest wards not covered in Harlow & Epping. This constituency includes Ongar from the current Brentwood & Ongar constituency. Electorate: 77,500.
3. Brentwood. The entire Brentwood district and also the Chelmsford wards of Writtle, Chelmsford Rural West, Broomfield & the Walthams, and Boreham & the Leighs. Electorate: 73,835.
4. Chelmsford. As the current Chelmsford constituency minus Galleywood ward. Electorate: 73,716.
5. Saffron Walden. The entire Uttlesford district and also the Braintree wards of Bumpstead, Three Fields, Yeldham, Hedingham, and Stour Valley North. Electorate: 76,957.
6. Braintree & Witham. The Braintree wards of Hatfield Peverel & Terling, Witham Central/North/South/West, Silver End & Cressing, Kelvedon & Feering, Coggeshall, Great Notley & Black Notley, Braintree Central & Beckers Green, Braintree South/West, Bocking Blackwater/North/South, and Rayne Electorate: 75,753.
7. Maldon. The entire Maldon district except Burnham-on-Crouch North/South wards and Southminster ward, plus the Chelmsford wards of Little Baddow, Danbury & Sandon, Bicknacre & East and West Hanningfield, Galleywood, plus also the Colchester wards of Birch & Winstree, Pyefleet, West Mersea, and Tiptree. Electorate: 71,196.
8. Colchester. Unchanged from current boundaries. Electorate: 74,140.
9. Clacton. As the current Clacton constituency plus the Brightlingsea and Great Bentley wards. Electorate: 76,358.
10. Harwich & North Essex. All remaining Braintree, Colchester, and Tendring wards. Main towns are Harwich, Halstead, and Wivenhoe. Electorate: 78,250.
11. Grays Thurrock. Same boundaries as Thurrock constituency with name change. Electorate: 75,935.
12. Billericay & Wickford. The Chelmsford wards of South Hanningfield, Stock & Margaretting, Rettendon & Runwell, South Woodham-Elmwood & Woodville, and South Woodham-Cheetwood & Collingwood, and the Basildon wards of Billericay East/West, Burstead, Crouch, and Wickham Castledon/North/Park. Electorate: 76,401.
13. Basildon & Stanford-le-Hope. The Basildon wards of St Martin's, Fryerns, Nethermayne, Langdon Hills, Lee Chapel North, and Laindon Park, plus the Thurrock wards of East Tilbury, Orsett, The Homesteads, Stanford-le-Hope West, and Stanford le-Hope East & Corringham Town. Electorate: 74,175.
14. Canvey Island & Benfleet. The Basildon wards of Pitsea North West/South East and Grange, plus the Castle Point wards of Boyce, Appleton, St Mary's and all Canvey Island wards. Electorate: 71,837.
15. Hadleigh & Southend West. The Castle Point wards of St George's, St Peter's, Cedar Hall, St James, and Victoria, plus the Southend wards of West Leigh, Leigh, Belfairs, Eastwood Park, Chalkwell, Westborough, and Blenheim Park. Electorate: 74,151.
16. Southend East. All Southend wards not included in Hadleigh & Southend West. Electorate: 72,845.
17. Rochford. The entire Rochford district plus the Maldon wards of Burnham-on-Crouch North/South and Southminster. Electorate: 73,619.
The Witham constituency disappears just as it did in the 'zombie review'. Braintree, Rayleigh & Wickford and Basildon & Billericay also disappear. The 'new' constituency is Rochford.