Post by greenrobinhood on Aug 10, 2017 20:16:19 GMT
1. The metropolitan boroughs of Westminster, Holborn and City of London.
2. The metropolitan boroughs of Paddington, St Marylebone, Hampstead and St Pancras.
3. The metropolitan boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea.
4. The metropolitan boroughs of Hammersmith and Fulham.
5. The metropolitan boroughs of Islington, Stoke Newington and Finsbury.
6. The metropolitan boroughs of Hackney and Shoreditch.
7. The metropolitan boroughs of Bethnal Green, Poplar and Stepney.
8. The metropolitan borough of Greenwich and so much of the metropolitan borough of Woolwich as lay south of the centre of the navigable channel of the River Thames at low water.
9. The metropolitan boroughs of Deptford and Lewisham.
10. The metropolitan boroughs of Bermondsey, Camberwell and Southwark.
11. The metropolitan boroughs of Lambeth and Battersea.
12. The metropolitan borough of Wandsworth.
13. The county boroughs of East Ham and West Ham, so much of the borough of Barking as lay west of the River Roding and Barking Creek and the part of the metropolitan borough of Woolwich not included in Borough 8.
14. The boroughs of Chingford, Leyton and Walthamstow.
15. The boroughs of Ilford, Wanstead and Woodford and Chigwell.
16. The borough of Barking except the part in Borough 13 and the borough of Dagenham.
17. The borough of Romford and the urban district of Hornchurch.
18. The boroughs of Dartford and Erith and the urban district of Crayford
19. The borough of Bexley , the urban district of Chislehurst and Sidcup and the urban district of Orpington.
20. The boroughs of Beckenham and Bromley and the urban district of Penge.
21. The county borough of Croydon.
22. The boroughs of Mitcham and Wimbledon and the urban district of Merton and Morden.
23. The borough of Beddington and Wallington, the urban district of Coulsdon and Purley and the urban district of Caterham and Warlingham.
24. The borough of Sutton and Cheam, the borough of Epsom and Ewell and the urban districts of Carshalton and Banstead
25. The boroughs of Kingston upon Thames, Richmond Upon Thames, Barnes, the borough of Malden and Coombe and the borough of Surbiton.
26. The boroughs of Ealing, Acton and Southall.
27. The boroughs of Twickenham and the urban districts of Staines and Sunbury on Thames.
28. The borough of Brentford and Chiswick, the borough of Heston and Isleworth, and the urban district of Feltham.
29. The borough of Uxbridge, the urban district of Hayes and Harlington, the urban district of Ruislip-Northwood, and the urban district of Yiewsley and West Drayton.
30. The boroughs of Wembley and Willesden.
31. The borough of Harrow.
32. The boroughs of Finchley and Hendon, and the urban districts of Barnet, East Barnet and Friern Barnet.
33. The boroughs of Hornsey, Tottenham and Wood Green.
34. The boroughs of Edmonton, Enfield and Southgate.
The County Borough of Croydon and Metropolitan Borough of Wandsworth like Harrow had populations of over 200,000 so wanted to keep those intact. Stoke Newington has a N postcode so paired it with other N postcode areas. Westminster in my opinion shouldn't border Outer London and the City is in same constituency so paired them together.
I do not think Greater London should have extended that far, and certainly not beyond the final borders, but nevertheless you make an important point about most central London connections being west-east and not north-south, especially in terms of London Underground lines, and raise other important questions.
Why was Twickenham ever paired with Richmond-upon-Thames? They are on opposite sides of the River Thames and were in different counties. Twickenham should have been incorporated into the London Borough of Hounslow and Richmond into the London Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames.
Why was Chislehurst and Sidcup UD split up? This did not make sense, and nor did dividing the old borough of Wandsworth in two. The only proposed one I would disagree with is Stoke Newington being paired with Islington and Finsbury-it is much better connected to Hackney and feels more in tune with it.